Ahhh…it seems Spring may really be here! Time to be thinking of some of those early harvest items. One of my favorites is asparagus, especially grilled. This one is easy. The hardest part is just getting the grill going!
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, washed & trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (preferably extra virgin olive oil)
- 1-2 cloves finely minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the minced garlic and oil.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly coat the asparagus spears with seasoned olive oil.
- Grill over med-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Great with a bit of fresh squeezed lemon or a few drops of balsamic vinegar. If you use the vinegar, another suggestion is to lightly grate some parmesan or asiago cheese over it. Enjoy!